Framing Pack – Precut Frame Sides
$14.95 – $25.95
Frame Packs contain two pieces of unfinished Narrow Oak (1″) or Wide Oak (1-3/8″) framing. Each piece of framing is miter cut, drilled, and countersunk to accept the tempered Phillips head screws and oak plugs for the screw holes. The wood is sanded and ready to finish. Two packs make one complete frame. The measurement options are for your GLASS SIZE.
- All grooves are 3/8″ deep, available in 3/16″ (foil), or 5/16″ (lead) widths.
- The frames assemble quickly to produce a sound solid frame.
- Two tempered screws and oak plugs for the screw holes are included.
- Use a bit of Wood Glue on at least the bottom two corners of your frame for extra security.
Measure your glass in multiple spots along the width and height, especially in older windows. They might not be completely square. Double check the thickness of your edge. Sometimes solder can build up and be thicker than the standard 1/8″ or 1/4″. If it is, the groove may need to be modified.
If you have a custom size, please see our custom framing page for pricing.
- Line up and glue the bottom two corners and let set up.
- Clamp the corners for extra support, fasten the screws into the countersunk holes.
Note: For ease in turning the screws, run threads over a bar of soap of wax.
- Slide your panel into the 3 sides.
- Attach the top piece and clamp the corner for extra support.
- Fasten remaining screws…Whoa-la!
If using our Chain Hooks, I suggest installing them before you put your frame together for easier installation.