3-Foot Case & Save Oak
$139.40 – $163.10
If you need many pieces of 3-foot lineal stock purchase 1 Case & Save!
- One case of 1″ stock is 24 pieces (36″ long)
- One case of 1-3/8″ stock is 18 pieces (36″ long)
- One case of 2″ stock is 12 pieces (36″ long)
Our Oak wood is machine tooled into face frame sizes of 1″, 1-3/8″, and 2″. Characteristics of Oak are:
- Light to medium brown, tones of yellow, white, gray and commonly a reddish tone.
- Accepts stain well.
- Not a paint grade wood.
- Though individual tastes may differ, we suggest that the 1″ framing is most suitable for panels up to 4 square feet, 1-3/8″ framing for up to 10 square feet and 2″ looks great for any sizeable panel.
- All of our oak stock is 3/4″ thick with a 3/8″ deep groove.
To Make Your Own Frame:
- Cut the wood to size using the miter allowance listed below.
- Add this amount to the size of your glass panel in order to calculate the length of the outside edge of your frame.
- Mark the wood and cut the miter.
- This is a rough guide; always remeasure each time you make your cuts.
- 1″ Frame stock add 1-5/16″
- 1-3/8″ Frame stock add 2-1/16″
- 2″ Frame stock add 3-5/16″