Custom Oak Framing
$42.00 – $134.00
Find your price group.
Once you have your price group, fill out the form below to place your order.
Custom Oak Frames
Having a professional frame for your glass panel doesn’t have to be a problem. Northern Hardwood Frames is the largest manufacturer of custom frames for stained glass, this is a normal operation for us and we happily do custom orders. Simply give us the size of your panel and we cut your frame to size. Corners are miter cut, screw holes are pre-drilled and countersunk. The result is a miter cut frame, properly sized, easy to finish and assemble.
- All grooves are 3/8″ deep.
- We automatically include a 1/16″ play.
- Provide us your glass panel size. (Please contact us if you wish for the dimensions to be the outside of the frame.)
- Four tempered Phillips head screws and oak plugs for the screw holes are included.
- All frames come unfinished and prepped sanded, ready for you to add your own finish or stain. Optional add-on finishes:
Measure your glass in multiple spots along the width and height, especially in older windows. They might not be completely square. Double check the thickness of your edge. Sometimes solder can build up and be thicker than the standard 1/8″ or 1/4″. If it is, the groove may need to be modified.
More measuring info
- Line up and use a bit of Wood Glue on the bottom two corners of your frame. Leave for the glue to set.
- Clamp the corners for extra support, fasten the screws into the countersunk holes.
Note: For ease in turning the screws, run threads over a bar of soap or wax.
- Slide your panel into the 3 sides.
- Attach the top piece and clamp the corner for extra support.
- Fasten remaining screws…Whoa-la!
If using our Chain Hooks, we suggest installing them before you put your frame together for easier installation.